APPAREL SPECIALIST – Full-time
Douglas County Farmers Co-op is currently seeking an Apparel Specialist to join our knowledgeable staff to assist customers with products within apparel and footwear areas.
- Answer customer questions, deal with customer special orders, engage with customers to make product selections, be attentive to customer needs.
- Greet customers to escort them to dressing rooms.
- Face and recover products for sales displays, snap, button and fold product.
- Attach price labels and the use of electronic label guns.
- Colorize and stylize merchandise product according to hanging standards, with attention to detail.
- Implement seasonal markdown process, clearance merchandise and non moving products.
- Keep the store clean, neat, tidy and vacuum of floors, dust, and clean racks.
- Purchase apparel and footwear products, seasonal trends/product.
- Order basic fill in of apparel/footwear, replenishment orders.
- Communicate with vendor representatives and represent the Co-op in a positive manner.
- Friendly customer service skills, ability to initiate contact with customers through positive interaction. Teach other the quality of customer service.
- Must be polite and helpful to customers and coworkers, ability to get along in a team environment.
- Ability to assist customers with footwear and boots, lace and check sizes, stock sizes.
- Ability to stock merchandise, repetitive movement to stock shelves and racks.
- Must be able to twist, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, work daily freight.
- Ability to fold, snap, zip, colorize, stack, and sort product by size.
- Possess detailed understanding of how merchandise is to be displayed.
- Weekend work is expected, rotational work schedule.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel and overnight stay on occasion to attend buying shows.
- Stock apparel and footwear frequently lifting and moving up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Full time employees receive medical, dental, prescription, vision insurance.
- 401K retirement plan.
- Employee discount program.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
The work schedule will vary from week to week. We are open 7 days a week and weekend work is to be expected. The position will work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
**** Apply online at www.douglascountyfarmerscoop.com or at the customer service counter or main office located at 3171 NE Stephens Street, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County Farmer’s Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grain Facility Assistant Operator
This is a full-time position with benefits to assist with operations at our feed and grain mill warehouse in Wilbur. This is a physically demanding grain operator position involving grain handling and bagging of custom feed blends and rations for livestock feeds while providing excellent customer service to our patrons. Productivity and working with a sense of urgency is a must.
- Ability to meet productivity goals.
- Bagging custom feed blends into 50# and bulk tote bags.
- Accurate weighing, binning, dumping of incoming grains & pellets. Prepare documentation associated with grain sales, receiving, and labeling.
- Unloading and loading of custom commodity grain products such as corn, barley, oats, grass screening pellets, alfalfa and pea screening pellets, whole and split peas.
- Operates bulk feed truck load out equipment and properly sorts commodity product into silo storage bins.
- Greet customers and load custom feed blends for customers from warehouse and lot products.
- Assist with providing product information for feed products
- Keep warehouse and work area neat, clean, and orderly.
- Performs general maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping of feed mill and elevator buildings.
- Exposure to constant dust or airborne particles to be expected.
- Frequently exposed to heights up to 40′, outside weather conditions including rain, cold, dust, vibration, climb stairs and ladders.
- Feed/grain industry experience preferred.
- Able to frequently lift 50# bags, bend, stoop, lift, reach, crouch, stand, and climb or balance.
- Able to climbing ladders, stairs, and bins.
- Ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Must be able to work independently, and be self-motivated.
- Must be detail oriented, with good time management and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Specific vision abilities required to distinguish color, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sustain exposure to moving mechanical parts and constant dust or airborne particles.
- Must pass drug screen.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Hours of operation are 8:00am — 5:00pm. Saturday work to be expected.
CONVENIENCE STORE CASHIER
This is a part-time cashier position for the Shell Convenience Store to work swing shift from 2:00pm – 10:00 pm. This position requires outstanding customer service skills to greet customers and accurately process checkout of customer transactions. Prior cashier and deli experience preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Be organized with attention to detail.
- Have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must be able to twist, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Must be reliable and have the ability to work a varied schedule.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- 401K retirement plan.
- Employee discount program.
- Paid holidays and sick time off.
To work 24-29 hours per week with the schedule to vary each week. We are open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day including holidays.